To sign up and pay for our next event please RSVP via Paypal
For event details see below.
Marin Coalition Presents: Wednesday February 7, 2018
“2018 Marin County Issues Update”
Speaker: Marin County Supervisor Dennis Rodoni (District 4)
During the coming year Marin County Board of Supervisors will be dealing with a number of important issues that impact County residents. At our February 7th Luncheon, Supervisor Dennis Rodoni will provide us with updates on some of the following issues the Board of Supervisors will be addressing:
- how the County will continue to deal with an aging population;
- changes to the Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit Program to encourage residents to build or repurpose unused spaces to create more needed housing;
- acquisition and repurposing of the San Geronimo Valley Golf Course property;
- promotion of the Transient Occupancy Tax Ballot Measure to increase that tax in West Marin and use newly generated funds for community needs;
- expanding and improving Broadband service to West Marin; and
- adoption of Laura’s Law to give local judges authority to order severely mentally ill individuals to undergo outpatient treatment at the request of a parent or other concerned party
The question and answer period of the presentation will give luncheon attendees a chance to provide Supervisor Rodoni feedback and to ask questions about their concerns on County-related issues. Attendees should expect an informative and interesting discussion of the issues.
Dennis Rodoni was elected to serve on the Marin County Board of Supervisors to represent the 4th District in 2016. His district includes Homestead Valley, Corte Madera, Larkspur, Greenbrae, San Quentin Village, parts of San Rafael, Novato, and the wide expanse of rural and coastal West Marin. Prior to election to the Board he served as a five-time elected director of the North Marin Water District.
As a member of the Board of Supervisors, he serves as Marin County’s representative to the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG), the North Bay North Coast Broadband Consortium, the Marin Transit Board, Transportation Authority of Marin Board, the Marin Agricultural Land Trust, the Local Agency Formation Commission, and the Marin Telecommunication Agency Board.
- Date: Wednesday February 7th, 2018; 11:15 a.m. (check-in and networking). Program and Luncheon begins promptly at noon. Meeting ends – 1:15 p.m.
- Where: The Club at McInnis Park Golf Center, 350 Smith Ranch Rd., San Rafael
- RSVP & Pay Online by February 4th
- Cost: Please Note: $29 (members); $31 (non-members);
- $35 if RSVP received after February 4th deadline or at the door
- Cancellations for refund must be received via email by 10 a.m. on February 4th.
- Contact us at: email@example.com